* The boys and girls write their spelling words in their planners on Monday. They take their spelling quiz on Friday. It would be ideal for students to practice their words ten to fifteen minutes twice during the week.
* Students are encouraged to read about five nights/times per week. The boys and girls can write their book titles and pages read in their planner and have their parent initial. For each entry they receive a ticket for our monthly prize draw.
* It would be great if parents could help their child practice his/her multiplication tables at home/road trips when possible. The boys and girls know a great card game called Snap that they are able to teach others.
Also, here are a couple sites that we use to practice multiplication.
hoodamath.com (click on Arithmetic, then Multiplication facts)
* Here is a science site that the students enjoy and have used in class.
ecokids.ca – games/activities encouraging environmental education and awareness
* The boys and girls are learning how to word process (keyboard, type) and we use All the Right Type at school as well as get practical experience typing our stories and essays. Power Typing is a free online program that can be used to support what we are doing at school. There is no account/password required. Choose the Qwerty option.